Frost and Flame. (2011-11-11)
It is still in its early stages of infancy. Currently a non-playable WIP. Although you can navigate most of the UI, and some of the inventory items are randomly generated on load.
I am currently in the process of developing a 3D environment for Frost and Flame.
Already I have completed an OBJ model loader, and have started work on developing a 3D world. Seeing the ease in using the tiled map editor and its map files, I am contemplating using this same approach to a 3D map file with some slight additions, namely a height map file, and custom tile sets to represent the in game objects.
Although I do plan to have most of the maps randomly generated on load in the future, and only have the main quests / town maps loaded from file.
Planned features include, a particle engine, rich in content and re-playability with random item, quest and level generation.
Most of the art used so far in this project is from an awesome site called http://opengameart.org/
- Menu, UI, action bar, inventory etc...
- Items, books, potions, weapons, armor etc...
- Random item generation.
- Import / export maps in the "Tiled" map editor format.
- Import / export OBJ 3D model files.
Arcade style, Side scrolling space shooter.
With over 16k lines of code, rich in features and variety, this game is sure to please. Battle your way through hordes of enemies who increase in difficulty, and defeat the seven big bosses! Earn achievements as you gain score and kills!
Customize your star-ship with various weapons, shields and thrusters!
And don't forget to save your game!
- Multiple Language support.
- Particle engine, fire, smoke and shrapnel!
- Customizable spaceship.
- Six unique experience based weapons with three levels, all
having unique sounds, movements and power-ups.
- Five different shields.
- Three different thrusters.
- Bomb and health support drops.
- Save, load and resume game anytime, with fully textured
menu, change graphics and sound options at will.
- Various power-ups.
- Randomly spawning "Bomb" power ups! (kill everything on screen!)
- Four unique side helper ships, with unique weapons and/or effects!
Each having 3 levels of awesomeness!!!
- Achievement system, kills, score.
- Twenty five unique levels all with different enemies and
- Twenty five different enemies with unique sound effects,
projectiles and movements.
- Parallax backgrounds.
- Loading screen.
- Touchscreen support.
Star.P.G. - Downloads:
Ball Bash. (2010-08-27)
Inspired by an old classic...
Don't feel like fighting for days just to finish a game, want to spend an hour or two beating a computer opponent, then this game is for you. Simple and fun!
- 10 awesome levels, all have unique backgrounds and music,
and an ever increasing ball speed!
- Computer opponent that isn't invincible.
- Customize your gaming experience with different paddles
To do list:
Additional difficulty levels?
Better on screen information, score, lives/balls etc...
Ball Bash - Downloads:
Download Ball Bash v1.0
Download Ball Bash v1.0 source.
Uses SDL, OpenGL and Freetype fonts.
Quadrangle Annihilation! (2011-03-03)
A base frame work has been completed, but due to my desire to complete Star.P.G. this project is on hold for the moment.