I have been thinking about implementing a new texture manager for some time now, and this week I had a good idea on how to implement it. Only problem is that it is too close to the end of the month, and that being the date for the release of the next version. I didn't really want to implement something of this scale without having enough time to iron out any bugs. But as I am currently working on inter-window drag and drop, I need some items to test with. With that goal in mind, I started to add a few items for testing purposes only to realise that the longer I postpone implementing the new texture manager the more code I will be adding to the game that will be in need of changing when it is finally implemented. So I have gone ahead and implemented the new texture manager, it entailed a lot of code changes, and has unfortunately introduced some new bugs.
For the most part all systems are working well, almost the entire UI. Only when moving UI items is there an issue. But the biggest issue I have yet to resolve is the rendering of 2D maps.